Skip to main content

For the use of mortgage intermediaries & other professionals only

Landlord insurance

Standard home insurance policies do not normally pay out when a property is let.

Landlord insurance is a specialist policy that covers landlords against a range of eventualities. As well as insuring the building and any contents that belong to the landlord, these policies often provide legal cover.

This may help with the legal costs of dealing with tenant disputes and include other valuable cover including:

  • Rent guarantee cover — helps protect landlords against a tenant failing to pay rent or something unexpected happening to the property which makes it impossible to let out
  • Landlord liability cover — protects landlords against large compensation claims arising from an injury to somebody that is caused by a fault in their property

Tenants are responsible for insuring their own personal possessions.

For the use of mortgage intermediaries & other professionals only

If you do not have professional experience, you should not rely on the information contained on this site. If you are a professional and you reproduce any part of the information contained on this site, to be used with or to advise private clients, you must ensure it conforms to the Financial Conduct Authority's advising and selling rules. These pages are for the use of those people who are resident and ordinarily resident in the UK and should not be regarded as an offer or invitation to sell Mortgage products in any jurisdiction other than the UK.

Birmingham Midshires is a division of Bank of Scotland plc. Registered in Scotland No. SC327000. Registered office; The Mound, Edinburgh, EH1 1YZ

Home Mover
First Time Buyer
Existing Mortgage Customers only
Available for further borrowing
Further Borrowing only
Calculate Borrowing
Click the ? icon to show help with using this Calculator